We would like to welcome Tara Burke and Kellie Stewart to our team as our new Public Relations Interns.
This is a first for the Aboriginal Art Association to take on interns and work with them towards building a positive public image and developing media relations.
Tara and Kellie are working towards a Public Relations Degree at Torrens University and will be with us until the end of the academic year, they have a strong understanding of media and are experienced in various aspects of public relations.
Although they are new to indigenous arts, they have already accrued a wealth of knowledge and are able to identify industry issues and take action.Their internship with the Association will include the following:
- Developing a public relations strategy to guide and focus the internal and external communications work of the association
- Designing and implementing a social media strategy
- Preparing press releases, feature articles, web content and newsletters
- Stakeholder mapping for relationship building and awareness raising efforts
- Stakeholder engagement strategies
- Building media relationships
- Issues and crisis management
This mutual collaboration will benefit Association, as succinctly stated by Tara and Kellie ‘this will be a win-win for the organisation and our development as professionals”